Rebecca obtained tenancy at Oriel Chambers in September
2014 after successfully completing pupillage under the
supervision of Deirdre Purcell.
Rebecca is liked by lay and professional clients alike for her down-to-earth approach and her strong business acumen. Since completing her pupillage, Rebecca has been developing a busy and varied practice. In particular, Rebecca has experience in the following areas:
Commercial & Chancery
- Rebecca has appeared in trials in the County Court involving contractual disputes
- Rebecca has experience in insolvency proceedings including contested winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions. Rebecca has successfully restrained a company from advertising a winding up petition on behalf of her client. Rebecca was involved with all aspects of this case from the preparation of the application and witness statement to conducting the hearing itself in the High Court
- Rebecca has experience in Landlord and Tenant work in relation to both residential and commercial properties. She has particular experience in prosecuting and contesting possession proceedings on behalf of tenants and landlords respectively. She has dealt with residential cases involving the technical rules of compliance with the tenancy deposit scheme and the relevant safety regulations. She has advised on commercial leases and has experience advising on issues surrounding security of tenure and equitable leases. Rebecca also has experience in housing disrepair cases from advising on expert evidence to conducting hearings
- Rebecca has attended charging order applications, contested order for sale hearings and mortgage possession hearings
- Rebecca acts for both Claimants and Respondents in all areas of employment law throughout all stages of litigation. Rebecca has also been instructed to provide independent advice in relation to a workplace dispute on behalf of workers at the request of a Union. Rebecca’s area of expertise includes unfair dismissal, discrimination, restrictive covenants and TUPE
- Rebecca’s experience in dealing with discrimination claims in the employment sphere has led to her advising and drafting on matters arising out of discrimination in a non-employment relationship including allegations of discrimination by housing providers and educational institutions
- Rebecca has experience in dealing with personal injury cases, including representing Claimants and Defendants at interim hearings and trials across all tracks in the County Court in relation to all types of cases such as employers’ liability, public liability, product liability and road traffic accidents
- Rebecca accepts instructions in travel cases and has dealt with cases involving holiday sickness, loss of enjoyment and accidents abroad
- Rebecca also appears in non-personal injury cases including credit hire disputes and diminution in value claims
Rebecca endeavours to return all paperwork within 14 days but is
willing to meet more stringent deadlines if necessary.
Further, Rebecca is frequently involved in the delivery of external seminars and is happy to provide training to her professional clients.