If you are planning on visiting Oriel Chambers please read this notice.
WORKING THROUGHOUT THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) OUTBREAK
- • Oriel Chambers are working in line with the uk government guidelines in unprecedented times. Our aim is to provide a continuing business service to all of our clients in a daily changing environment.
- • Our barristers and staff at Oriel Chambers are fully facilitated to work remotely to ensure that all of our services continue as seamlessly as possible.
- • Barristers are able to conduct conferences and hearings either at court, via telephone or by video hearing/conferencing.
- • Please contact chambers in the usual way using the same telephone numbers/email addresses etc.
- • In light of more remote working, please could we ask our solicitors to only send in electronic briefs and instructions to counsel.
- • Please kindly make BACS (electronic payments) wherever possible.
- • We hope that this crisis is over very soon but in the meantime take care, stay safe & well.
To get the latest following the link to Government information regarding The Coronavirus
As you will know, there is a new Coronavirus (CoVid-19), which originated in Wuhan, China and causes symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Public Health England (PHE) advises that the following groups should stay indoors and avoid contact with other people:
• Those who have travelled in the last 14 days from Iran, Hubei Province in China, lockdown areas in Northern Italy, special care zones in South Korea – even if you do not have symptoms.
• Those who have travelled in the last 14 days from any other high-risk areas (see below) – and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath even if your symptoms are mild.
• Those who have come into contact with a coronavirus patient in the last 14 days.
• Hong Kong
• Myanmar (Burma)
• South Korea
• Tenerife – only the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel
What this means for your visit to Oriel Chambers?
We ask all visitors about their travel history when they arrive. This is for your safety and the safety of others. If you are within the groups listed above, we will respectfully ask that you follow the advice given and do not access the premises.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.