Rebecca is a civil and commercial practitioner. She has a particular interest in employment and commercial disputes.
Rebecca regularly appears in courts and tribunals across the country and has experience in the Employment Tribunal, the Health, Education and Social Care Tribunal and in the County Court in both fast and multi-track matters.
Rebecca is liked by lay and professional clients alike for her down-to-earth approach and her strong business acumen.
Furthermore, Rebecca is frequently involved in the delivery of internal and external seminars. She is happy to provide bespoke training to her professional clients, either in Chambers or in-house if desired.
Areas of expertise:
Employment & Discrimination
- Rebecca acts for both Claimants and Respondents in all areas of employment law. Rebecca also acts for Claimants on behalf of their Union.
- She frequently appears in tribunals at all stages of litigation and is instructed to represent clients at preliminary hearings, judicial mediations and multi-day final hearings.
- Rebecca's areas of expertise includes unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, TUPE, breach of contract and wages claims.
- Her paperwork practice includes providing opinions and drafting. In particular, she has experience drafting various employment documents including contracts and policies. She will provide advice during disciplinary proceedings or grievance processes and will also advise on any settlement agreements.
- She has also been instructed to provide independent advice in relation to a workplace dispute on behalf of workers at the request of a Union.
- Rebecca's experience in employment law has led to her acting in breach of contract cases relating to restrictive covenants including where there are allegations of inducement. Furthermore, Rebecca deals with civil personal injury claims arising out of the course of employment, including workplace stress claims.
- Rebecca's experience in dealing with discrimination claims in the employment sphere has resulted in her advising and drafting on matters arising out of discrimination in a non-employment relationship, including allegations of discrimination by housing providers and educational institutions.
- C v A R Company - Successfully represented a Claimant in a direct discrimination, pregnancy/maternity discrimination, automatically unfair dismissal and wages claim and even secured aggravated damages on the Claimant's behalf as a result of the manner in which the Respondent had acted and conducted litigation.
- C v A R Company - Successfully represented the Respondent and secured a dismissal in a claim for unlawful deduction of wages claim arising out of a discretionary sick pay scheme.
- C v A R Company - Represented the Claimant in a 5 day tribunal case involving allegations of discrimination and unfair dismissal. Successful in part.
- C v A R Company - Successfully represented the Claimant in a 2 day constructive unfair dismissal case.
C v A R Company - Represented the Claimant in a 4 day tribunal case involving allegations of discrimination and unfair dismissal. Successful in part.
Commercial & Chancery
- Rebecca appears in trials in the County Court involving contractual disputes.
- Rebecca has experience in insolvency proceedings, including contested winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions.
- Rebecca has experience in Landlord and Tenant work in relation to both residential and commercial properties. She has particular experience in prosecuting and contesting possession proceedings on behalf of tenants and landlords respectively, including those with allegations disrepair. She has dealt with cases involving the technical rules of compliance with the tenancy deposit scheme and the relevant safety regulations. She has advised on commercial leases and has experience advising on issues surrounding security of tenure and equitable leases.
- Rebecca has attended charging order applications, contested order for sale hearings and mortgage possession hearings.
- A Company v B Company - Successfully represented the Claimant in a breach of contract fast-track case.
- A Company v G - Successfully represented the Defendant in multi-track case relating to a personal guarantee in respect of care home fees.
- A Company v B Company - Successfully restrained a company from advertising a winding up petition on behalf of her client. Rebecca was involved with all aspects of this case from the preparation of the application and witness statement to conducting the hearing itself in the High Court.
C v Housing Provider - Assisted with the settlement of a multi-track housing disrepair case on behalf of the Claimant.