Alex has a strong personal injury practice, and he undertakes all areas of employer’s liability, road traffic and public liability work.
Alex has been appointed by the Attorney-General to represent the Government in civil matters, as Counsel to the Crown (“A” Panel), and frequently represents the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Defence in Multi Track claims. “A” Panel members deal with the most complex Government cases, at all levels of courts and tribunals, and often appear against QCs.
Alex has extensive Inquest experience, and frequently represents Government departments at Inquests to investigate self-inflicted/unnatural deaths.
Recent personal injury cases of note include six-figure employers’ liability claims arising out of:
- serious physical injury
- occupational stress, bullying and harassment
- noise-induced hearing loss/tinnitus
Alex has particular expertise in defending suspected fraudulent, or exaggerated, personal injury claims, and receives instructions from counter-fraud solicitors’ firms nationwide.
Specific practice areas include:
- Occupational injuries and diseases (including NIHL, HAVS, RSI and stress)
- All areas of road traffic law (including fraud rings, contrived/induced accidents, credit hire and low velocity impacts)
- Late intimated, exaggerated and fraudulent personal injury claims
- Inquests and Coronial Law
- Public liability
- Occupiers’ liability
- Professional negligence
- Contractual disputes
- Data Protection breaches
Conditional fee work is undertaken in appropriate cases.