Heather’s main areas of practice are personal injury, crime, (motoring offences) and costs.
|Personal Injury||precedent H|
|Medical Negligence||detailed assessment|
Heather has a strong civil practice particularly specialising in the area of personal injury. Her practice covers all stages of a case from initial advice through to trial and costs issues thereafter.
Heather is willing to provide initial Advice by telephone or in writing and then further written Advice on Liability, Evidence & Quantum and the drafting of pleadings.
Heather demonstrates excellent advocacy skills over a broad spectrum of hearings from applications and other preliminary hearings through to stage 3 hearings, disposals and trials, both fast track and multi-track.
She maintains a flexible approach to conferences and is willing to conduct conferences in Chambers, Solicitor’s offices or at the lay client’s home. Heather always adopts a professional, but friendly approach both to her instructing Solicitors and to the lay client.
Her paperwork is thorough and turned round quickly.
She submits digests on quantum to Current Law on a regular basis.
Heather acts for Defendants and Claimants and is happy to consider cases on a CFA basis.
ACTING FOR THE CLAIMANT:-
- (a) A 30 year old Claimant who suffered a head injury with hearing loss, auditory processing disorder and tinnitus. Case settled for £180,000.
- (b) 16 year old Claimant who suffered facial scarring and psychological trauma from a dog biting incident. Awarded £70,000 after trial.
- (c) 75 year old Claimant suffering multiple injuries as a pedestrian, when hit by a car. Settled for £95,000.
- (d) Acting for a Claimant who suffered injury to her leg during a spinning class at a sports centre. Awarded £25,000 after trial.
ACTING FOR THE DEFENDANT
- (a) Successfully representing a 60 year old Defendant in an RTA claim, in which the two Claimants maintained that the Defendant was driving her car at the time of the accident. The Court found that neither the Defendant nor her car were at the scene of the accident.
- (b) Defending many and varied low velocity impact claims successfully. In many establishing that the accident was so minor that damages could not flow from it.
- (c) Defending various RTA fraud type claims with ghost passengers, exaggerated claims, contrived, staged and induced accidents.
Heather carries out cost work when required. She attends precedent H and detailed assessment hearings and also advises on costs issues.