Peter has a wide ranging civil practice covering personal injuries (with a particular emphasis on asbestos and other disease cases), contract, professional negligence and actions involving the Police.
Chambers UK Bar Guide 2018
“Has an outstanding national reputation for his expertise in industrial disease. In addition to his top-notch understanding of asbestos-related conditions, he also handles a broad range of other disease and personal injury-related cases.”
Legal500 ” A terrific advocate with a keen mind” and “he has excellent analytical skills.” and “has sharp intelligence and an incisive eye.”
He is a very experienced and versatile advocate and negotiator, and communicates well with clients from all backgrounds. He works efficiently and economically, always having regard to the commercial realities of the individual case, and the client’s wishes and best interests. He combines an excellent knowledge of the law with sensible pragmatism.
Peter is married and lives in Liverpool. He has 4 adult children.
- BARKER v CORUS (UK) PLC & OTHERS HofL  UKHL 20 (Mesothelioma)
- EASTWOOD v MAGNOX HofL  1 AC 503 (Employment/Stress)
- HIDE v STEEPLECHASE CO LTD  EWCA Civ 545 (Work Equipment)
- JOSE v MACSALVORS PLANT HIRE LTD  EWCA Civ 1329 (Contractual Indemnity)
- R (Friend) v CHIEF CONSTABLE OF MANCHESTER POLICE  EWHC 3152 (Admin)
- COOKSON v NOVARTIS GRIMSBY LTD (CA)  EWCA Civ 1261 (bladder cancer; causation)
- BOTTOMLEY v TODMORDEN CRICKET CLUB (CA)  PIQR P18 (Occupiers’ Liability)
- BASSIE v MFCDA  EWCA Civ 1474 (Employers’ Liability)
- R (Brehony) v CHIEF CONSTABLE GREATER MANCHESTER POLICE  EWHC 640 (Judicial review & Human Rights)
- HSE v SPINDLE SELECT (CA) TIMES 9.12.96 (Health & Safety)
- LOCKHEED ARABIA v OWEN  3 WLR 468 CA (Documentary evidence)
- WALTON v KIRK  EWHC 703 (QB) (Contempt of Court)